This project is read-only.

openForum development?

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Hello

Will there be any futher development for this forum?

By the way, the demo site is not working.

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Hi eddr,

There will definitely be further development on OpenForum. Hopfully there will be a handful of features people have asked about added in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on the demo site being down. I'm looking into right now.

Thanks,

Eric Herbrandson

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Hi and thanks for the quick reply!

Do you have estimation of the release date?

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2009 at 3:14 AM

I don't have an estimate at this point. Hopefully by the end of the month. Are there any features in particular that you are looking for?

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hi

sorry for the delay. 

I don't have something specific on my mind right now besides social tools (facebook, twitter etc.) intergration.

I would very like want to see an option for tagging messages/topics + marking a topic as related to others (how many times they ask the same old question about..). That's it for a forum software now.

Thanks!

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:24 AM

realized there is some feature that looks essential to me - a reply rating. I want the ability to rate any reply (and maybe discussion) with thumps-up counter.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Hi,

OpenForum is not working with Azure. I think the problem might be about Lucene.net storage engine. Any plan to do something about it?

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Hey reggie,

There currently isn't anything in the plans for Azure, but I will add it to the list.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Hi Eric,

It looks like you can have a quick fix using Azure Library for Lucene.net  Check it out at http://coolthingoftheday.blogspot.com/2009/09/lucenenet-and-azure-yes-you-can.html 

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Hi

Do you have any plans to add Categories? 

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2009 at 3:21 PM

@jonleigh - Categories are something multiple people have asked for and I would like to see added.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Good to hear :-)  If you need any help, give me a shout and i'd be glad to help!

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 6:02 AM

I would love to have some more contributors! If you have time and interest, email me (eric at herbrandson dot com) and we can talk about how best to make that happen.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:46 PM
herbrandson wrote:

I would love to have some more contributors! If you have time and interest, email me (eric at herbrandson dot com) and we can talk about how best to make that happen.

Hi Herbrandson,

Thanks & Greeting !!

Openforum (MVC Application)  is not running . I do follow the 3 steps as mentioned.

But when i click the forum menu its giving error. Kindly help and let us know the how & where , which  file run the source code.

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM

@nagie - Can you give a little more detail about what's going wrong? What's the error message you're getting?

Dec 20, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Hi Herbrandson,

thanks for the openforum and speacial thanks for the amazing work on the integration - I think thats what the people looking for - add the .dll and its running!

I am just missing

+ Categories

+ Edit-Button

+ Delete-Button

thanks

Simon

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

@sgorski - Categories and a Delete button (along with some "moderator" functionality) are planned to be in the next release. There is already an edit button on any posts that belong to the logged in user. Is there another type of edit button you're thinking of?

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM
herbrandson wrote:

@sgorski - Categories and a Delete button (along with some "moderator" functionality) are planned to be in the next release. There is already an edit button on any posts that belong to the logged in user. Is there another type of edit button you're thinking of?

Oh ya thats right - there is already the edit link. Btw the beerhouse project of codeplex has a forum with nice features!
 Ok so I am looking forward to it!

lg simon