Good integration

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I just wanted to say that, after being testing different forum solutions to integrate with my Asp.net mvc 4 project(NeraForum,MvcForum). Is OpenForum by far the easiest forum to implement with the new Simple Membership on Asp.net mvc 4.
I just had some minor issues related to the Views, but after including the necessary namespaces and a site.Master page ( My project works with Razor Views) everything is perfectly integrated now with just one login for both my app and forum..
Thank you for a good project .
Sep 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Hello everybody, first off, I agree with andywaz in terms of integration complexity, yes, it is way easier than NearForum and MvcForum, but unfortunately I haven't been as lucky as him. I am stuck with andy's "minor issues related to the Views". The last line debugger steps into is:
return View(_viewModelFactory.GetIndexViewModel(viewModel));
line 107, ForumController.cs

Then I get the common View error

"The view 'Index' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
~/Views/Forum/Index.aspx
~/Views/Forum/Index.ascx
~/Views/Shared/Index.aspx
~/Views/Shared/Index.ascx
~/Views/Forum/Index.cshtml
~/Views/Forum/Index.vbhtml
~/Views/Shared/Index.cshtml
~/Views/Shared/Index.vbhtml"

I verified that global.asax.cs initiliazes the forum manager and registers its routes
    protected void Application_Start()
    {
        OpenForumManager.SimpleInitialize();

AreaRegistration.RegisterAllAreas();

RegisterGlobalFilters(GlobalFilters.Filters);
        RegisterRoutes(RouteTable.Routes);
    }
I would really appreciate a bit of help here please!!!
Sep 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM
This error message says that you are missing View s to your forum controllers.
You need a folder "Forum" under "Views" folder on your project with following
Views under Forum folder:

Index.aspx, Post.aspx, Reply.aspx, View.aspx

Download source code to take a look on how these views looks like.
Sep 29, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Working now, thanks Andy, I know I tried something similar but you were 100% correct!

It was a folder copy/paste operation what I was missing! I am adding a topic on this discussion with instructions for Integration.