This project is read-only.

Will not build

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Ok - like so many others, I cannot get this to build. After quite some time trying various things (suggested in here and elsewhere), I reluctantly gave up.

Its great you are doing this project - but such a shame that something so minor, getting it to build, is a major time waster...I hope this one day gets resolved as this project may well take off if so.

Andles...

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM
Thanks for the post andles. I totally agree with you. It's been quite frustrating that so many people have had issues getting the project to build. Could you please tell what the build errors you're getting are? I'd love to try and get these issues resolved for everyone. Thanks, Eric Herbrandson
Dec 23, 2010 at 5:27 AM
Edited Dec 23, 2010 at 5:33 AM

It's the POST BUILD on the OPENFORUM project.

Error 4 The command "del /q "C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\OpenForum.dll"del /q "C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\OpenForum.pdb""C:\Development\Source\References\ILMerge.exe" /t:library /out:"C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\OpenForum.dll" "C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\OpenForum.Core.dll" "C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\HtmlAgilityPack.dll" "C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\OpenForum.Views.Compiled.dll" "C:\Development\Source\OpenForum\bin\Debug\Lucene.Net.dll"" exited with code 1. OpenForum

I agree it's frustrating.

BTW, I'm using VS2010 ...
I "also" tried to change it to DotNet 4.0 but ...same problem.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I also get this error.  Well that one or the following call stack text;

locating source for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\temp\blah\OpenForum.Core\Views\DynamicView.cs'. (No checksum.)The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\temp\blah\OpenForum.Core\Views\DynamicView.cs' does not exist.Looking in script documents for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\temp\blah\OpenForum.Core\Views\DynamicView.cs'...Looking in the projects for 'C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\temp\blah\OpenForum.Core\Views\DynamicView.cs'.The file was not found in a project.

I was quite excited when I stumbled across it, the description matched exactly what I was hoping to find.  At first I also feared it was a dead project as well, but only because the last time stamp from the code is 2009.

Has anyone made a clean vs 2010 port?  If I happen to complete the task before another, I'll happily fork it for others to enjoy.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I built it on VS2012, forum crashes when tap it's clicked, but code builds ok
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Forum working now, search with Lucene does not