MVC v2

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I can't seem to build OpenForum from the source... whatever VS.NET plugin is required for OpenForums.Views.Compiled isn't on my machine. I need a version of OpenForums built against MVC v2. My .master is using v2 features and OpenForum is using v1 and thus there are conflicts at runtime. Suggestions?

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Building OpenForum requires have WebDeployment Projects installed. Unfortunately, afaik they have not release a version of WebDeployment projects for VS2010. However, they usually release this within a few weeks of launching Visual Studios. At that point I will try to update the OpenForum source. In the mean time, if you would like to build OpenForum in VS2008, you can download the WebDeployment project from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Thanks -- that worked. There were a couple of bugs in the view templates WRT MVC v2, but nothing major (related to MvcHtmlString) and so I fixed those.

So the basics work. But now my next challenge is that if I drop in my own ~/Views/Forums/*.ascx those are not being honored. So something in v2 changed about how the dynamic view engine you utilized locates the actual user controls (IOW, they're not located if in the ~/Views/Forums).

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM

That's interesting. Just out of curiosity, does it work if you use .aspx instead of .ascx?

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Ok, just tried .aspx views and no luck either.

I'll try debugging into it (later this eve) and see if I can track it down.